Did you know that digestive disorders from issues like a lack of dietary fiber in kids' systems account for up to 50% of referrals to pediatric specialists? Fiber supplements can help reinforce the daily portions your kids get from delicious high-fiber foods like oatmeal, popcorn, bananas, apples, whole grain bread, and berries. They are especially important if your child suffers from any of the common childhood digestive problems such as constipation, bloating, diarrhea, and cramps.
What We'll Cover
- The 8 Best fiber supplements for kids in 2024
- Feel Great 365 Kids Organic Greens Fiber Superfood Powder (Best Overall)
- HyFiber Liquid Fiber for Kids (Best Mid-Range)
- L'il Critters Kids Fiber Gummies (Best Value)
- Culturelle Kids Regularity Probiotic & Fiber
- Digestive Advantage Kids Probiotic and Prebiotic Fiber Gummies
- VitaWorks Sugar-Free Vegetarian Fiber Gummies for Kids
- SmartyPants Kids Formula & Fiber Daily Multivitamin
- Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Probiotics Organic Kids
- Fiber Advance Plant-Based Gummies for Kids
- Gummi King Fiber Supplement and Multivitamin
You may have heard that fiber is a carbohydrate, and there are actually two types:
- Soluble fiber dissolves in water to help with stool formation
- Insoluble fiber is non-dissolving in water to assist with issues related to constipation
Kidshealth.org suggests adding 'five' or 'ten' to your child's age to get their daily recommended intake range of fiber in grams. For example, a ten-year-old would require 15-20 grams of fiber per day.
Fiber supplements for kids can help meet these daily fiber requirements, even if you have picky eaters or kids with challenging dietary restrictions. Good fiber supplements keep kids' digestion flowing smoothly by using healthy ingredients like prebiotics and probiotics combined with the tastiest flavors that kids love.
But with all the choices available on the market, finding high-quality, affordable supplements can be a challenge. That's why we reviewed scores of options from companies like Feel Great Vitamin Company and Culturelle. Then we compiled the winners into our exclusive buying guide.
The 8 Best fiber supplements for kids in 2024
Feel Great 365 Kids Organic Greens Fiber Superfood Powder (Best Overall)
Naturally, Support Your Kid's Health With Real Food: With today’s modern diet it’s almost impossible to give your body enough of the core nutrients it needs. Our USDA Certified Organic berry superf...
Made with over 50 real fruits and vegetables like broccoli, strawberry, grapefruit, and kale, this kid's powder has a natural cocoa chocolate flavor that makes it perfect for blending into your kids' favorite shakes, yogurt, milk, and mouthwatering baked goods.
Feel Great 365 Fiber Superfood combines one gram of dietary fiber with 48 grams of digestive enzymes and 57 grams of probiotics per serving. It provides a daily dose of fiber from real food, just like doctors recommend, so you know your child is getting the best nutrition possible.
- Includes probiotics and digestive enzymes (tiny proteins that help with digestion)
- Vegan, non-GMO, and USDA Organic
- Made from real organic fruits and vegetables
- Sugar- and gluten-free
- 30-day money-back guarantee on freshness, quality, and effectiveness
- Made in a cGMP (current
- Good Manufacturing Processes) facility
- It doesn't always mix well in liquids, so a blender is recommended
- The taste can be unpleasant if not mixed with other flavors
HyFiber Liquid Fiber for Kids (Best Mid-Range)
HyFiber for Kids is a safe and effective way to manage bowel regularity in children. Over 25 million doses of HyFiber have been used to manage constipation. Trusted by medical professionals in hosp...
True to its name, this supplement contains a whopping six grams of fiber per half ounce serving, which beats out most leading brands. People have found success using it for challenging potty training issues and for balancing digestive health, including for children with autism.
With a subtle orange flavor that kids love, HyFiber is a liquid fiber that can either be mixed into drinks or taken straight from the bottle cap.
- Contains six grams of polydextrose fiber per serving, which is higher than most leading brands
- Includes FOS prebiotics to help increase healthy probiotics in your child's stomach
- Works well for most tough-to-solve constipation issues, especially in toddlers and kids with long-term digestive issues
- Soy-, gluten-, dairy-, peanut-, tree nut-, laxative-, and sugar-free
- The value-added two-pack option helps make it a budget-friendly choice
- A few stated it did not work to ease their child's constipation, although the majority found success
- It can cause cramping and nausea, so it's recommended to start with a lower dose and work your way up as needed (per label recommendations)
L'il Critters Kids Fiber Gummies (Best Value)
By the makers of the #1 Kids Gummy Vitamin Brand
No high fructose corn syrup
No synthetic (FD&C) dyes
Award Winning Taste
The vitamin gummy brand in the U.S. combines award-winning strawberry, lemon, and berry flavors with merry multicolors to help make fiber fun for your kids. You'll get three grams of polydextrose fiber per serving. Also, these are the most affordable fiber supplements on our list.
- Great for regulating kids' bowel movements
- Free of synthetic dyes, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, and gluten
- The award-winning (Chef's Best Excellence) flavor is great for picky eaters
- Contains an artificial sweetener, sucralose
- No added prebiotics or probiotics
- It can sometimes lump together and be tough to chew
Culturelle Kids Regularity Probiotic & Fiber
FROM THE #1 PEDIATRICIAN RECOMMENDED PROBIOTIC BRAND, Culturelle Kids Regularity Probiotic & Fiber Packets provide a safe, gentle and drug-free way to help restore regularity and keep kids’ digesti...
The option most recommended brand by pediatricians, Culturelle contains 3.5 grams of kiwi and inulin (chicory root sourced) fiber per serving. It comes in flavorless liquid packages that are great for mixing right into your kid's favorite yogurts, pudding, drinks, and more.
Culturelle also contains the most well-researched childhood strain of probiotics, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG (LGG), to optimize digestion and assist with the most trying bathroom issues.
- Each serving size contains 3
- 5 grams of fiber
- Gluten-, dairy-, and sugar-free
- CFU (Colony Forming Unit) count of 2
- 5 billion, using the most studied children's probiotic strain
- The mixable liquid packet makes it safe for kids aged one and up
- Most recommended pediatrician brand
- Pricier than some other brands, although you can join the
- Culturelle Clubhouse to enjoy additional savings
- It can sometimes clump together when mixing it into food and liquids
- It can cause excessive diarrhea or cramping in some children
Digestive Advantage Kids Probiotic and Prebiotic Fiber Gummies
Delicious natural fruit-flavored gummies that contain a daily probiotic to support overall digestive & immune health
Combined with prebiotic fiber that works naturally with probiotics and supports ...
These unique gummies have probiotics with their own built-in 'armor.' Their natural protein shell helps them survive your kids' stomach acid much better, so they can deliver more good bacteria to the digestive tract. Affordable and delicious, they provide three grams of prebiotic fiber per serving.
- 100% better probiotic delivery to the digestive tract than leading 'armorless' probiotics
- Ideal for minor abdominal bloating and discomfort
- Patented formula supports immune health
- Great value
- May clump together in the jar and melt during shipping
VitaWorks Sugar-Free Vegetarian Fiber Gummies for Kids
GREAT TASTING BERRY FLAVORED GUMMY: These Sugar Free Prebiotic Fiber gummies have a fruity berry flavor everyone loves; your kids will beg you for their daily dose of fiber candy.
NATURAL FLAVORED ...
If you're looking for a vegetarian, certified kosher, and halal fiber supplement for your kids' diet, look no further than this VitaWorks sugar-free blend. These prebiotic-packed gummies are doctor-recommended and won the Mom's Choice Award, in part because they are sugar-free and contain 100% naturally sourced flavors.
The bonus? They're also keto-diet friendly and gelatin-free, with four grams of inulin (chicory root sourced) fiber per serving.
- Gentle way to balance digestion and overcome constipation, bloating, and gas
- Vegetarian, kosher, halal, and keto-friendly
- No added sugar, making them a great diabetic option
- Allergen-friendly: gluten-, peanut-, tree nut-, and dairy-free gummies
- Some kids are turned off by the flavor
SmartyPants Kids Formula & Fiber Daily Multivitamin
Fiber gummies for kids has new premium ingredients, all in one delicious serving: Beta Carotene, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K2 & Choline (Packaging May Vary)
Supports gut strength, strong bones and more a...
This powerhouse chewable for kids aged four and over has 15 essential nutrients, including Omega-3 Fish Oil, Vitamin D3 for immune support, and Vitamin K for bone health. It's a fiber supplement, multivitamin, and tasty snack – all in one!
Each serving contains four grams of inulin (chicory root sourced) fiber, plus vitamins and nutrients to balance energy levels and overall multi-system wellness. SmartyPants fiber gummies taste great and are perfect for kids who struggle to get all their nutrition from their diet.
- Contains 15 essential nutrients
- Non-GMO and soy-, dairy-, tree nut-, shellfish-, fish allergen-, and gluten-free
- Third-party tested for quality ingredients
- Parents mentioned that it helped regulate digestion, ease constipation, and elevate energy levels
- Contains a small amount of sugar
- Some of the gummies will crystallize inside, forming hard chunks that are difficult to chew and which can be gritty in texture
- Some reviewers said they triggered mood swings in their kids
Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Probiotics Organic Kids
No refrigeration required
DIGESTION SUPPORT: This 5 billion CFU once daily probiotic supplement contains Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium for digestive health
IMMUNE SUPPORT: 5 billion...
Available in three mouthwatering flavors that kids will love, this gluten-free, organic supplement from a company that prioritizes social and environmental performance to provide kids with high-level digestive and immune support.
The 30-count bottle contains allergen-friendly chewable tablets that are packed with prebiotic acacia fiber, 14 probiotic strains, and Vitamins C and D. Plus, they're easy to transport because the shelf-stable version requires no refrigeration!
- Doctor formulated by 'America's Neurologist' Dr, Perlmutter
- USDA organic, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and non-GMO
- No added sugar
- High CFU count of 5 billion
- Packed with prebiotics, probiotics, and vitamins C and D
- Available in watermelon, berry cherry, and strawberry banana
- Just 0
- 31 grams of fiber per tablet
- Some stated the flavor wasn't enjoyable to their kids, and the texture can be a bit powdery
- The chewable tablets are quite large and may need to be cut in half, especially for younger kids
Fiber Advance Plant-Based Gummies for Kids
Fiber Advance Gummies For Kids Daily Fiber Supplement, 60 count
Each serving of 2 gummies has 3g of Fiber
All natural ingredients and no added sugar
Best way to ensure your little one is getting en...
You'll be seeing triple with these all-natural chewables that contain three grams of inulin (chicory root sourced) fiber in every serving and are infused with a trio of tasty flavorings: purple berry extract, coconut oil, and chicory root.
- Work to naturally regulate bowel movements and ease discomfort during toilet training
- Some find them softer and easier to chew than other leading brands, making them a big hit with the toddler set
- No added sugar
- Flavors kids love
- A bit pricier than other leading fiber gummies
- No added prebiotics, digestive enzymes, or probiotics
- Can cause gassiness and bloating in some kids
Gummi King Fiber Supplement and Multivitamin
Vegan, gelatin free
Free of: gelatin, wheat (gluten), milk, eggs, soy, tree nuts, peanuts, artificial flavors, animal derivatives and preservatives
Natural flavors and colors
During the summer mont...
Six scrumptious flavors make these vegan fiber gummies a true king of kids’ palettes. Flavors include strawberry, lemon, grape, orange, cherry, and grapefruit options. Each gummy contains one gram of fiber, making it easy to figure out your child's daily dose.
- Vegan plus all-natural flavors and colors for gentle digestion support
- Six delicious flavors
- Gluten-, dairy-, peanut-, tree nut-, soy-, and gelatin-free
- Multivitamin that includes Vitamins A, C, D, E, B12, folate, zinc, and more
- Some kids pick out certain flavors and refuse to eat the rest
- They can be a bit hard to chew
- Contains added sugar
- No added prebiotics, probiotics, or digestive enzymes
The bottom line when shopping for the best fiber supplement for kids is to focus first on fiber levels and high-quality ingredients, and then factor in any special dietary requirements your child may have, like gluten or soy allergies.
You should also consider the supplement's probiotic and probiotic levels, tastiness factor, ease of chewing and swallowing, doctor endorsements, overall price value, and the company's sustainability and manufacturing standards.
In general, kids who are picky eaters or who may experience digestive issues like constipation and bloating can benefit the most from a fiber supplement. Always check with your doctor before giving your child a fiber supplement, take note of the expiration date, and heed the safety warnings on the labels.
The responses below are not provided, commissioned, reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any financial entity or advertiser. It is not the advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.